Claire Lee is a registered veterinary nurse with over 15 years' experience in a first opinion veterinary practice. She has a keen interest in puppy and kitten behaviour and can provide the essential advice you need for the first few months and help with tricky training problems.
She is passionate about helping those that are fearful of the vets, groomers and handling. Teaching both owners and their pets the right skills to participate in handling with us for essential procedures such as ear and eye drops, nail clips, vaccinations and blood samples.
We can make your vet visits less stressful!
Integrated care alongside Veterinary Surgeons
- Text message waiting system - no need for nervous patients to sit shaking in the waiting room! We can text you so that you can wait comfortably in your car or the nearby car park
- Behaviour consultations: anxieties and fears, compulsive, elimination, aggression, cognitive dysfunction, separation-related behaviours
- Fear Free certified vets and nurses
- Low-stress handling techniques
- Anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) medications (if required and in conjunction with a veterinary surgeon's assessment)
- Referral to veterinary surgeons and chartered veterinary physiotherapists for physical problems as needed
- Puppy and kitten behaviour and training
- Training issues for recall, loose lead walking and jumping up
- Co-operative care training for handling, grooming and veterinary procedures
- Litter tray problems
Your initial referral appointment with Claire will take place at our surgery. We may use the park behind the surgery to do some of the training, so please bring any necessary equipment and anything you feel might be helpful along with you (long leads, toys, treats… anything!)
During the consultation Claire will review your animal's history and problem behaviours, discuss diagnosis and treatment, or recommend further referral to a specialist in behaviour if required.
If your pet is fearful or aggressive upon arrival at the clinic, please leave your cat or dog in the car and text the clinic on the mobile number on the front door or on the posters. When Claire is ready for you, she will send you a reply text and get you and our pet into the consulting room with the least amount of stress.
There are a few spaces in the carpark around the back, feel free to use them if they are available
Please bring with you your dogs’ bed or blanket for them to relax on and LOTS of tasty treats like meat or cheese.
Make a list of the points you would like to discuss and any videos of your dog doing the behaviours or additional footage you feel is relevant.
For more information including pricing lease download our behaviour handout.