Only patients deemed as an emergency under the Veterinary Surgeons decision will be permitted onto the premises. If you are concerned about your pet please contact the surgery on 0117 9571110.
To maintain safety of yourself and staff please follow these guidelines:
- Only 1 member of the family to bring the pet to the surgery.
- If you are self-isolating, from a Covid-19 positive household or showing symptoms such as a fever or new cough please organise for someone else to bring your pet or speak to the practice to see about alternative methods.
- On arrival at the practice please remain in the car and phone the practice to inform us where you are parked.
- A veterinary nurse will collect the patient from the car - please adhere to a social distance of 2 metres. We ask that you remain in the car whilst your pet is examined by the vet.
- The veterinary surgeon will call you to discuss findings and develop a treatment plan.
We continue to ask you all to do what you can to restrict our staff’s exposure as much as possible so we can continue to look after you and your pet.
If you have an emergency once we are closed please follow our normal emergency protocols which is stated below.
Martin has introduced the above e-mail service for existing clients that would like to enquire about their pet's medication or a bit of quick advice. This e-mail takes at least an hour to get to his phone and it is dependent on him having signal and checking his phone. If you have not heard from Martin within 2 hours then it would be best to use one of the emergency telephone numbers.
Please note: This service is not useful if your pet has to be seen urgently or has a new medical condition, but if you would like to just chat please e-mail and leave your name, pets name and telephone number.